Rack House D Condos. Pre-Construction in Toronto
- Project Name: Rack House D Condos
- Builders: The Gupta Group
- Project Status: Pre-Construction
- Address: 60 Mill Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5A 4R1
- City: Toronto
- Main Intersection: Mill St & Trinity St
- Architect: Saucier + Perrotte Architects
- Property Type: High Rise
- Building Size: 34 Stories
- Number Of Units: 246
- Price: Request Pricing Information
The design for the hotel/residential Rack House Tower is based on a tower taking root in the industrial heritage of its site. The project deals in a meaningful way with the historic context it occupies in Toronto’s Distillery District and adds an infusion of iconic, contemporary architectural expression to emphasize the historical value of the area. In its respectful, yet progressive design approach, the new building promises to become a fulcrum of activity, a noteworthy destination for hotel visitors to the city and a signature residential project in Toronto.
At once firmly grounded in the historic base building, which contains the hotel facilities, the design of the new tower evokes a notion of evaporating architecture. As the tower rises, the building becomes more and more reflective and ephemeral in nature. Intermediate levels of two storey units appear in the colour palate of the Rack House building.